What is Chauffeur Hailing and how is this different to how I normally perform rides with Blacklane?
- Chauffeur Hailing is intended for immediate pickups within 15 minutes for short distance inner city rides.
Who can perform Chauffeur Hailing rides?
- Right now only select partners in certain cities will be able to perform Chauffeur Hailing rides. Your Market Manager will contact you directly to let you know if you are eligible for this. Don’t worry if you have not yet been contacted by your market manager regarding Chauffeur Hailing as this feature may not yet be available in your city.
How can I begin accepting Chauffeur Hailing rides?
- Firstly we would like you to complete the training to familiarise yourself with the new app. Once this module has been completed please follow the link in the introduction email you have already received to download the Blacklane Chauffeur Hailing app. You will then be able to accept your first ride.
When will the Chauffeur Hailing service be available to guests?
- Our first guests will start taking rides on the 1st of March 2021.
How do I receive payment for Chauffeur Hailing rides?
- You will receive a separate SEBI for your Chauffeur Hailing rides, and payment will be dispatched at the same time as your regular fees via your saved payment method.
I have an iPhone, how can I accept Chauffeur Hailing rides?
- At present only Android users are able to download the Chauffeur Hailing app, however this will be made available to iPhone users in the future.
Which vehicles can be used to perform Chauffeur Hailing rides?
- Any business class, first class or business van that has been activated for business class can be used to perform Chauffeur Hailing rides.
I want to use a different vehicle for Chauffeur Hailing rides, how can I change this?
- Vehicles can be changed via the profile screen at the top of the display where your name appears.
What is the waiting time policy for Chauffeur Hailing rides?
- There is 5 minutes of complementary waiting time included for all Chauffeur Hailing rides. For more information on this topic please see our Chauffeur Hailing training module.
What happens if the guest does not show up/what is the no-show procedure?
- Once the 5 minutes of complementary waiting time are over the chauffeur can contact the guest. In case the guest cannot be contacted and a no show should be reported, the chauffeur must contact Blacklane to inform us of this before they can be released by a member of the Customer Care team. Additional waiting time is not chargeable to you or the guest.
What is the procedure for airport and train station pick-ups?
- You should go directly to the pickup destination pin that you see on your app for a curbside pickup. Chauffeurs are not expected to meet guests inside the terminal or provide a pick up sign.
Can I perform standard Blacklane pick ups whilst using the Chauffeur Hailing app?
- You can perform both types of rides during the day by accessing bookings via the two separate apps. Please do not use either app whilst performing a ride and be sure to make allowances for journey time and potential waiting time.
What is the cancellation policy for Chauffeur Hailing rides?
- The guest can cancel their ride free of charge up until 5 minutes after you accept the booking, and in this instance you would not receive payment. However if the booking is cancelled more than 5 minutes after it has been accepted, compensation will be provided for the missed ride. For more information on this topic please see our Chauffeur Hailing training module.
What is the Chauffeur Hailing meet and greet policy?
- The meet and greet policy for Chauffeur Hailing differs from standard Blacklane rides as the pick up will always be curbside and chauffeurs are not required to provide a pick up sign. However, courtesies such as helping with luggage and opening the door for your guests are still expected to be provided.
What is the emergency cancel procedure?
- Please contact Blacklane Customer Care immediately in case of emergency.
How can I charge extras for Chauffeur Hailing rides?
- You will not be able to charge any additional waiting time or kilometers for your Chauffeur Hailing rides through the app at present. In case your guest requests a spontaneous change of destination once the ride has already started, please accommodate any such requests if possible. Once the ride is finished you can contact your Market Manager with details of any additional distance travelled and they will adjust the pricing of the ride accordingly. Please see our Chauffeur Hailing training module for more information on this topic.
How can I accommodate for multiple drop-offs on a booking?
- Should your guest request additional stops once the ride has already started, please accommodate these if possible. Once the ride is finished, please contact your Market Manager and they will adjust the pricing of the ride accordingly.